|Gimme another espresso, I'm buzzing!|
- A 10 year Swedish study of 34,000 women found that those who drank at least one cup of coffee a day had a 25% lowered stroke risk!!!
- Did you know that a cup of coffee has more antioxidants than a cup of blueberries? This means for a lot of Aussies, coffee is the biggest source of antioxidants in their diet!
- The evidence is building up in the case of coffee and Alzheimers. US researchers suggest that an increased caffeine intake may not only prevent Alzheimer's disease, but could even reverse its effects. In this study however, they were talking about drinking up to 5 cups a day. Researchers believe it isn't actually the caffeine but a component not yet identified, so decaf is fine people.
- Coffee is proven to increase short term memory recall. Elderly participants were found to have the largest effect. Come on Grandma, scrabble battle now.
- Are you having toilet troubles, bloating, cramps? Well forget those two women on tv rubbing each others bellies sympathetically, then spoon feeding bifidsillyalias probiotic into their clammy mouths. We all know that a cuppa joe does plenty for constipation, look no further.
- Lastly, two separate studies have correlated drinking caffeinated coffee with a lower incidence of gallstones and gallbladder disease.
Phew, I am feeling healthier already. Basic summary, if you don't start drinking coffee you will probably die. Come along to Palomino Espresso in a couple of weeks and we will save your life.